The long weekend of the Ulster Age Group and Youth Long Course Gala has concluded, and for Bangor has been a very successful weekend. Due to a technical issue with the publication of the results outside our control we have had a slight delay in compiling this report. The highlights are as follows:-
- Gold 22
- Silver 9
- Bronze 7
We had a total of 48 swimmers who competed over the weekend which was an excellent turnout and Bangor’s presence in the stands showed great support for our young athletes.
- 11 &U Age Group – Bangor had the top 3 points scoring boys for the Elizabeth Long Award Trophy!!
- Matthew Hand (7Gold, 1 Silver)
- Evan Coulter (3 Gold, 5 Silver)
- Callum Slaghter (1 Bronze)
- The boys also won both freestyle and medley relays and our B Team placed a close 4th.
- 12&U A – Matthew Hand, Alexander McMullan, Evan Coulter, Ciaran McKee(Medley), Ben Riddell(FC)
- 17&U A – Jack McMillan, Adam Manley, Adam Hewitt, Mark Stoops
- Other individual medalists were:-
- Alyssa Boyd – 1 Silver
- 13 Age Group
- Bradley Fon – 1 Silver, 2 Bronze.
- 16-17 Age Groups
- Jack McMillan won 9 Gold and 2 silver Medals (in the two relays).
- Adam Manley (2 Gold, 2 Silver),
- Mark Stoops (3 Bronze, 2 Silver).
Well done to all our athletes who participated. Let’s Go Bangor